Dram Shop & Drunk Driving Crashes

Monmouth County Dram Shop Law Attorney

It is against the law for individuals to drive if their BACs are more than .08. However, that does not stop individuals from getting drunk and then choosing to get behind the wheel. When those individuals cause car crashes that injure innocent victims, the drunk drivers can be held liable. In addition, under New Jersey’s dram shop laws, if a commercial establishment — such as a bar, liquor store or restaurant — served alcohol to the individual when he or she was visibly intoxicated, that establishment could also be held liable.

At Hobbie & DeCarlo, P.C., we represent individuals in Monmouth County and throughout New Jersey who suffered injuries because of car crashes caused by drunk drivers.

Who Can Be Liable Under Dram Shop Laws?

Our lawyers aggressively pursue compensation from all liable parties, including the drunk driver and any establishments that served him or her before the crash. Under dram shop law, the following parties can be held liable for serving an individual who causes a drunk driving accident:

  • Bars that serve patrons who are visibly intoxicated
  • Bars that serve minors
  • Adults who provide beer or liquor to minors
  • Liquor stores that sell to minors


Excellence Is Our Passion. Experience Is Our Tool.

Our reputation is built on integrity. Our professional staff and attorneys are passionate about making sure you receive the highest levels of client service and effective legal advice and representation. Injury cases can take many months or more than a year to settle or come to trial. Through it all, we are there for you, pointing you to the medical care and social services you need. We know that your family needs a team that will stand behind you and have the professional resources to stay with the case to the end.

Although there is no amount of money that can return things to normal, our lawyers can pursue the compensation you need to pay for medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering. Learn more about the counsel our lawyers provide and the compensation you may be entitled to. Contact us by calling 732-380-1515 or by completing our online contact from.