Motor Vehicle Crashes

Motor Vehicle Accidents

What Should You Do Following a Car Accident?

No one ever wants to get involved in a motor vehicle accident, but when you do, act quickly. Delays in contacting an attorney can jeopardize your case. As time goes by, evidence disappears, memories fade and witnesses vanish. Contact an attorney of the law office of Hobbie & DeCarlo, P.C.

Conveniently located in Eatontown, New Jersey, our firm represents people injured in all manner of motor vehicle accidents, including car accidents, trucking accidents, motorcycle accidents and accidents involving pedestrians. We work on a contingency fee basis, meaning that we collect nothing until your case is resolved.

Uninsured and Underinsured Motorists Claims

Despite being the law in New Jersey, many people involved in motor vehicle accidents do not carry car insurance. Uninsured motorists’ claims involve our attorneys filing a claim against your auto insurance company. These policies cover you in the event that you are involved in a motor vehicle accident with an uninsured motorist.

When you are in a MVA caused by an underinsured owner, their insurance will not cover all your expenses. Underinsured motorists claims are claims against your own insurance company to cover the amount not covered by the other driver’s insurance. Our attorneys will determine what insurance policies are out there to help you cover your medical bills, compensate you for your lost wages, and pay for your car repairs.

What Type of Insurance Policy Do You Have?

You may have purchased a zero threshold or lawsuit threshold insurance policy. The type of insurance policy you carry will determine whether you have the right to file a MV accident claim. A zero threshold insurance policy covers any type of injury. A lawsuit threshold covers only specific types of injuries. If you do not know what type of insurance policy you have purchased, ask one of our lawyers.

Do you have more questions about motor vehicle accidents? Visit our frequently asked questions page for more information about what to do after an accident, how insurance works and how long you have to file a personal injury claim in New Jersey.

It is our goal to get you healthy and back on the road as quickly as possible following a motor vehicle accident. If you have questions about filing a personal injury lawsuit, contact Hobbie & DeCarlo, P.C. for an initial consultation.