Medication Errors

Medication Errors And Malpractice

When you receive the wrong medication or the incorrect dosage, it can result in serious, lasting injuries. It means that you never received the proper medication to treat your original illness or condition. You could also suffer side effects from the medication you did receive. This can worsen your condition and lead to new complications.

At the law office of Hobbie & DeCarlo, P.C., we hold medical professionals accountable for the medication errors that result in serious injuries to their patients. This includes the doctors, nurses, pharmacists and anesthesiologists who may have provided you with the incorrect medication. From our office in Eatontown, our lawyers represent clients throughout Monmouth County and Ocean County.

What To Do When You Are Injured Due To A Medication Error

If you have been injured as a result of a mistake in your medication, the first step you need to take is to seek medical treatment. Your health is a top priority, and it is important that you seek treatment as soon as possible after an injury has occurred, whether it is a worsening of symptoms, new symptoms or a side effect.

When you seek medical treatment, you can work to prevent further injury by asking questions and staying informed about the medications you are receiving. Make sure you understand what each medication is for, what the dosage is, when you should receive it and whether there are any side effects.

Next, if your injury was the result of negligence on the part of a medical professional, you should speak with an attorney about your legal options. It may be possible to bring a claim against the doctor, nurse, pharmacist or the facility for your injuries. When you work with our firm, we will evaluate your claim, help you understand your rights and clearly explain what you can expect during your case. If you choose to file a claim, we will perform a thorough investigation into the circumstances that led to your injury, and we will act as your advocates at every stage of your case.

Contact A Lawyer For A Case Evaluation

To speak with an attorney about a medication error or other medical malpractice claim, contact our firm online.