Uninsured & Underinsured Motorists

Monmouth County, NJ, Uninsured Motorist Lawyer

In New Jersey, drivers are required to carry auto insurance. Even so, many motorists do not carry insurance, or they do not have enough insurance to cover the costs of serious car accidents. If you were injured in a car crash that was caused by the recklessness of another driver and that individual is underinsured or uninsured, you may still be able to receive compensation. At Hobbie & DeCarlo, P.C., we help individuals in Monmouth County and throughout New Jersey receive the compensation they need after suffering injuries in crashes caused by uninsured or underinsured drivers.

Who Pays The Medical Bills?

Many insurance providers offer two options to protect accident victims from uninsured or underinsured motorists. The two policies are typically offered together and appear in the policy as “UM/UIM,” which stands for uninsured motorists insurance and underinsured motorist insurance. If the driver who caused your accident has no insurance, your insurance company should pay your compensation, up to the limits of your policy. If the at-fault driver has only the minimum liability coverage, and your medical bills or case value exceeds that amount, the other driver’s insurance would pay the first portion of the expenses. Then, your underinsured motorist policy coverage would pay the remaining portion, up to the limits of your policy. Working with an experienced lawyer can help ensure your insurance company provides the compensation to which you are entitled.

Schedule A Consultation And Case Evaluation

If you are interested in learning more about the counsel our lawyers provide, contact our firm to schedule an initial consultation. We fight aggressively to help our clients receive the full and fair compensation to which they are entitled — even if the other driver is underinsured or uninsured. Learn more by calling our firm at 732-380-1515 or completing our online contact form.